Monday, October 22, 2018

Why not pick up where I left off.... Wait it's been a couple years since I wrote anything on here. Fast forward to today. Just registered for the https://deadmanpeakstrailrun.wordpress.com/  

Last year around this time I decided I was going to really focus on trying to run an ultra 50K. Training went well from Nov-April and then it started. Knee pain!! I powered through the pain for a few weeks until I knew it wasn't going to heal itself. Never had I had any sort of knee issue and was scared to death I was going to need surgery or something along those lines. X-rays and MRI later and come to find out it's more important than I thought to stretch.  IT "Bone" causing knee pain. I had read about it, but didn't think I was a candidate. Funny looking back  I would have powered through regardless, but now worry more about the future and how this old body is going to stay together.

I took a few months off and got back into a running/ stretching groove. I've been on the fence about registering for this run only in that this will be the longest "run" I'll have on the books. Being on my feet for extended periods of time is nothing new so I look forward to seeing how I hold up.




No comments:

Post a Comment