Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Weather is a Changin!!!

 So this past week we have really felt what the "Rainy Season" is all about.  Since we have been here it has been hot every day and if we were lucky it would get cloudy in the afternoon which would lower the temperature about a half degree.  All the people here kept saying "Oh it is the rainy season which means you will be putting on your pants and long sleeves soon..."  If it wasn't so rude I would have laughed in their faces after I wiped the sweat off my upper lip. 

Well this week it was almost like Mother Nature turned on the rain switch and hasn't felt the need to turn it off yet.  In the last 3 1/2 days it has rained about 15".  I don't know about you guys but 15" is a shit ton!  You might be saying to your self..."Self where do you think all the rain goes?  The ground must be super soft"  Well you are correct the ground is a sponge.  It is shocking to see all the rain and the ground flooded with water and in an hour the ground "looks" dry.  Yesterday, Casey and I really saw how soft the ground could really be.  Here is the tree outside our house.  The ground is so wet that the tree is uprooting itself.  Thank goodness our power line is there to hold it up.  I mean really, this has got to be safe right???






Ok so I took this picture to caption the biggest shock of my life... since we have been here... I HAVE GOOSE BUMPS!!!  Hello I hope you can see them.  I thought everyone was crazy when they said it would get chilly here.  I was sitting on the beach watching Casey and our New Zealand friend, Huw, surf in the rain and wind.  I saw all the Ticos (natives) shivering and looking at me saying "muy frio" and I was thinking "finally a nice breeze".  I, of course made fun of them the best I could in my limited smartalic Spanish by saying "Oh you are crazy this is not cold"  then the breeze turned into quite the wind storm and I didn't want to admit it but it was chilly.  Then one of our friends nicely pointed out that I had goose bumps and that I was just as big of a baby as them.  So I had to capture the moment.


Oh I'm sorry but I didn't know that there were PIRATES off the coast of Samara!  I walk to the beach to meet Casey and Huw for lunch after they were surfing and look what I see them surfing next to... EXCUSE ME!  I was floored!  I don't know about you guys but I have seen Pirates of the Caribbean and they are not very nice... funny but not nice.  And we are in the Pacific not Caribbean.  This whole day was a dream... goose bumps and now this... how crazy.  If these are the types of dreams I am having now I can't wait for the next ones.


Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment